Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who has two thumbs and is the worst blogger?

I'm doing a terrible job at creating you all's habits and expectations that you can always find an updated blog at Unyielding Crossroads. Needless to say this past week has just been busy and crazy and I've not felt great in health or running on top of that. Where does it end? Actually if it ended, that would just be lame anyway. So I'll do my best to create your instinctual behaviors to click the "Unyielding Crossroads" tab on the top of your browser whenever you are bored. I know it is there.

Quick recap of week 10, 2009:

- Decided I would host my own 5k on the North Park track by myself. Felt like garbage; got mono of the arms; ran 16:44; not sure what I was thinking.

- Decided this week would be a down week and minimized all runs. Just get through w/o ruining myself.

- 6 x 400 on Wednesday just to get moving. felt like garbage; got mono of the arms; ran slow; not sure what I was thinking.

- Continued to be sick and run like trash the rest of the week

- Different note: Thursday was a great day with St. Baldrick's. Got some tv time. separate entry coming soon.

- We are in the midst of St. Patrick's day as it is already March 17th. Good times with the Irish folk over the weekend. Guinness, green beers and rivers, bar hopping, parades and hangovers.

- Our little Michael's birthday celebration was on Sunday, and I celebrated that more than I did on Saturday. whoops. Yes, he is a badass.


- I'm now going to the Boston marathon weekend to repeat Austin. 5k on Sunday, pace on Monday. To actually race a marathon scares me. I really hope this doesn't become a habit. Also get to go to a Red Sox game in between.

- We finally got some clue of what is going on with my job. sort of. Anyone looking for a cool, hip, new marketing guy? Just kidding. or am I?

- Tempo run last night (Monday): 6 miles - average 5:31s. Those are Chicago miles of course so who knows how far it actually was. But thats fine, I'll take it. They are the same Chicago miles that I was running last year so I do have a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment