Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Breakfast with the Devil...

Monday in Austin, we woke up, got a quick run in and decided to head out for breakfast. We headed to a restaraunt and decided to sit on the patio because the line for inside was too long. The patio was enclosed and heated, so even though it was about 50 degrees it was still comfortable.

When we sat down I notice there was a bird that was trapped inside the plastic enclosure and was kind of just chillin watching everybody eat. So the waitress brings our food out and Kristen, Verdo, Ben and I start eating. I ordered these fluffy scrambled eggs, with crispy delicious bacon, tasty potatos and nice buttery pancakes. mmmmmmm, I'm saying as the aroma overwhelms my nostrils. As I'm eating I notice that there is a small hair in my potatos. Yowzers!! I exclaimed. Hmmm??? It was a small hair and I didnt want to be a pain, so I just brushed it aside and was going to eat around that portion of the potatos. So as I'm leaning over and taking a bite of my food that stupid bird flies over and picks a piece of egg off of my plate and flies away. Ok, so that is just disgusting. I'm really not into flying rats eating off the same plate that I am. After that, I had pretty much just lost my appetite completely. When the waitress came over, I had told her about the hair and the bird coming over and taking the food off my plate and just said that I couldn't eat that. I really didn't say it rudely, because honestly it was the bird that I wanted revenge on. Seriously. Below is me pouting. (p.s. this photo was staged) (but the hat is real deal).


The waitress took the plate and shortly after a manager came over and was nice and asked about the bird. I didn't want to ruin the breakfast of others around me so I didn't bring back up the fact that the potatos had a hair in them. So he, in his kindest voice, said "we will take that off for you." That was fine, I had maybe 2 bites of the whole meal and at that point didn't want anything else. Well, when the bill came, I was charged for everything except for the eggs. He ONLY removed the eggs from my tab. Are you kidding me? It was all on the same plate AND there was a hair in my potatos. Isn't it just common business sense that you remove the entire meal? I couldn't believe it.
But as far as that bird...His time is coming.

1 comment: