Sunday, February 8, 2009

Global warming what?

*71 miles - 8 runs.
Wednesday workout: 5x1000 - 1.5 min rest(3:12, 3:11, 3:08, 3:08, 3:03) then 4x100. Coach Savage was great to let Claudia, Robert, Verdo and I use the DePaul University indoor track. The entire facility is amazing. The track was good/ok. 200 meters with banked turns in the outside lanes. This would normally not be a problem since we would be running in lane one but at DePaul, slow runners get the inside and faster runners are supposed to use the outside lanes. Luckily everything was marked so I could still get splits and run a great workout but the banked turns gave me a little soreness. Can't complain too much though. Thanks Coach Savage.

Saturday: 19 miles in 60 degree weather with 6 miles of 6:25 ish tempo. This had been the first long run that I have not felt drained for for about a month now. A bunch of us again went out to Barrington and ran the hills and dodged the angry suburban SUV moms. We did not see Sue Cass but had our share of other road ragers.

If I can work things out right, I may be premiering 2009 with a Valentine's Day 5k down in Austin.

*As most midwesterners are experiencing right now we are having a wonderful week of 50 - 60 degree temperatures. Its a nice break but I fully expect another nasty 2.5 months. I've been thinking too much about summer already. I need to stop that.

No comments:

Post a Comment