Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Expect the unexpected...

*Friday, 2:00 p.m., Holiday Inn: So this weekend started off early on Friday when my boss and I were invited to the Cubs Convention. I wasn't orginally sure what this was all about but it turned out to a very cool experience. Prior to the initial kick off rally of the convention there was a reception of about 100 people that my boss and I were invited to. Free drinks, food, etc... but also several all star players, Pinella and HOFs. This wasn't your traditional scene where these guys are sitting behind a table and you wait in line, get something signed, and you're on your way. This was very interactive with everyone where you could literally have a conversation and a beer with Carlos Zambrano. Very cool and a great way to start the weekend.

*Saturday, 5:30 p.m., Shoe's Pub: We were looking for somewhere to kill brain cells and we get this text from AA of whom we have not seen hide nor hair of for approximately 6 months to head to "Shoes Pub". Free pretzels and taffy can't be beat. Taffy can be used as an ice breaker and chicks dig it. Also, the guy Kyle Orton replaced was at Shoes playing flip cub with a few buddies. I did get a picture though, so i can't make too much fun. After the picture, the woman who suppose was his mother said "At least someone in Chicago still loves him." I, in my awkwardest voice, replied "oh we all do."

*Saturday, later, Zella's: After pictures with Sexy Rexy we headed around the corner to Zella's where some chick and I broke out into some sort of swing / hip hop / break dance. The crowd circled back and this girl and I got after it for a little bit. Then we ran into Ron Hutch (Indianapolis Colts) and we hung out with him and his publicists for a while. After dance party, Ron, Lynn and I went to some Mexican burrito place for late night food, and then to Big Ben's to finish the night off.

*Sunday Funday, 2:30, Victory Liqours: Yes, it continued for another 9 or so hours. Ouch, thank god the weekend is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment