Tuesday, January 27, 2009

times a changin...

*Pretty mellow weekend this past weekend but that was definitely in order. We did drive out to Barrington again to get the final long run in for those that will be marathoning down in Austin. We watched the temperature drop from a balmy 7 degrees in the city to 0 out in Barrington by the time we started. It took me about 7 or 8 miles before I actually felt like I had warmed up and pretty much just plain out had a terrible run. Still finished hard for a good effort and 14 miles-esque. Then Egg Harbor for breakfast again and some great discussion. I learned to keep my lies short and simple when explaining why the rest of our group was not there.

*Monday started off with bad news as I found out that the camera that was holding the pictures of me and all the Cubbies was pick-pocketed while at the inaguaration. For some reason that doesn't really surpise me. But the convention was still awesome and this only gives us another reason to get invited to something like this again. But now, my facebook reputation is ruined as I had been bragging about these photos for a week now.

*Then Monday night after a fairly decent ~5.2 mile tempo run in 29:34 to average 5:40's, a bunch of us went out to celebrate the birthdays of Aquarius' with 1/4 price appetizers. That's a ridiculous amount of fried food for very little guacamole. Went home about 9:30 little a good schoolboy as there are a big couple of days ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment